Immune system plays an important role in the prevention of colds and nasal allergies. Yog Mudra and breathing exercises can improve breathing, reduce tension and stress, and support the immune system. Acharya Keshav Dev, a world renowned yog mudra expert says, “If ling mudra is practised daily, for some time, along with a proper practise of Pranayama etc, then various incurable disease of the Chest can be healed”. The Acharya has worked for last 50 years on interpreting the medical benefits of these mudras and how these can cure some the ailments in just fraction of seconds.
Deep breathing techniques like Bhastrika helps in inhaling more oxygen into the lungs, which helps in alleviating colds, congestion, and sinus. This pranayama naturally massages the airway and strengthens the neck tissues. And clear the spasm caused by the excess neck tissues.
- Go in an open air.
- Start to inhale and exhale through nose rapidly for half to one minute, relax for few seconds and repeat.
- In this pranayama kriya there is no restrain of breath.
This pranayama kriya can be repeated for around 7-8 times but should be done before meal.
Rapid Sun Breathing.
- Go in an open air.
- Close the left nostril and start deep inhaling and exhaling through Right nose rapidly for half to one minute, relax for few seconds and repeat.
- In this yoga kriya there is no restrain of breath.
This yoga kriya can be repeated for around 5-6 times but should be done before meal.
This process will increase the heat energy in the body and burn the mucus of the region and help in clearing the nasal cavity region.
Healing through Mudra
Ling Mudra : Join both palms and lock the facing fingers together, keeping right thump straight and upright. The upright thumb must be encircled by the other thumb and index finger. Through this yoga mudra, the fire element of the body increases, and simultaneously heat in the body also increases which results in increase in energy. The practise of this Ling Mudra, will help in curing bad cold and also help in curing chest complications which emerges due the Cough Tridosh.
Pran Mudra : Join the tips of Little finger and Ring Finger with tip of the thump. Practise of this yog mudra will help in improving the immune system and recharge the vital energy of the body.
Neti Kriya :
In simple Neti kriya can be defined as the process of Nasal Cleansing. Neti is the best process to overcome the snoring. As it clears the airways and helps in curing nasal infections such as allergies, sinusitis and other upper respiratory complaints like sore throats and coughs, inflammation of tonsils and adenoids. It is advised to learn this process under competent supervision. You can get benefit a lot if you do a yogic nasal wash, called neti, once or twice a week.
Even the latest scientific experiments shows that Vibrations created from chanting Om can help clear your sinuses and ward off infections. Vibration created through Chanting and humming sounds encourage the air movement and opens tiny ducts that connect your nose to your sinuses and allows your sinuses to drain properly. So daily “Om” chanting may prevent such an infection.
- Sit in a comfortable Padamasan or sukhasana cross-legged seated position. Keeping both hands on top of the knees in Pran Mudra.
- Close the eyes softly and take a slow and deep breath and hold the breath in.
- Keep the spine straight and the shoulders relaxed. Close your ears with both palms. Close your mouth and raise and stretch you head especially chin upwards.
- Begin slowly exhaling, making humming sound of a bee, while reciting “OM” mentally. Try to feel the vibration in the nasal region.
- Repeat the exercise 10 times.
If you wish to know more about yoga mudras you can fix a personal appointment with Acharya Keshav Dev or Acharya Vikrmaditya at www.mudrasforhealing.com. Also you can buy books online on the relative subject.